Thank you for visiting All About Parrots! We’re your one-stop destination for everything you need to know about caring for parrots, covering the following subjects:
Whether you’re looking for a specific answer to a parrot problem or want to learn more about caring for a baby parrot, browse through our extensive range of articles for the full low-down.
Use the search bar (in the top right) to find the answer quickly!
Meet The All About Parrots Owner
Behind ‘All About Parrots‘ is a lady with many years of hands-on experience and a passion for parrots.
I love parrots and aim to share my knowledge and expertise with fully-fledged and would-be bird owners.
I’m aware that there’s a wealth of misinformation on the internet. Parrots aren’t like other birds – they have specific needs and require more care than most.
Without this key information, they suffer from nutritional deficiencies and behavioral problems – many of which can be avoided with the right advice and care.
We appreciate your time is precious, so we aim to give you straightforward advice that’s easy to digest. I provide science-backed information coupled with first-hand experience with parrots.
You’re probably ready to dive right in by getting information on your most burning questions. I’ve covered the most up-to-date parrot care tips and advice, including:
- What does it mean when my parrot screams?
- What is fatty liver disease in parrots, and how to treat it?
- What’s the friendliest parrot to own?
- 27 foods that parrots shouldn’t eat (and why)
- Why do parrots ingest clay?
- Why is my parrot getting so aggressive?
Owner of All About Parrots – Carrie Stephens (Author)
“I’m Carrie Stephens, and I’m obsessed with parrots!
It all started when I inherited a parakeet (budgie) from a friend. Unfortunately, she could no longer care for the bird, so I agreed to step in until she found it a permanent home.
I’ve got a 15-year-old blue and gold macaw, a 7-year-old African grey, and a 6-year-old Senegal parrot.
The early days of caring for my parrots were challenging, as I could barely find any useful information. It was a stressful experience every time my parrots did something a little unusual.
After speaking to various vets and learning first-hand through my own experiences, I understood how to best care for my parrots and keep them happy and healthy.
I set this site up to share my experience and expertise with other parrot owners. I hope to make life a little easier and provide advice that has worked well for me.”
Looking For Parrot Care Tips?
Now you know everything about our founder, our mission, and our vision, it’s time to get your burning parrot questions answered.
If you’re unsure where to begin, let us help you get started…
- Are parrots dangerous pets? – This is one of the most important questions for newbie owners to understand. Find out whether parrots are placid or angry animals.
- Where do parrots like to be petted? – If you want to build a bond with your parrot and make it happy, we explain where parrots enjoy being petted the most.
- How much exercise do parrots need? – Start here if you’re confused about how much out-of-cage time to give your bird.
Recommended Parrot Support Websites
While we can’t answer specific health questions about your pet, you can email us at:
Let me know if you have any queries about the site or would like us to cover a new subject.
You can also follow us on these social channels: